Friday, 14 August 2026

Runway eyecandy

There's hundreds of gorgeous dresses that have walked the runway, and choosing my favorites is pretty much impossible. Either way, in this post today I'll be sharing just a few of my favorites, but be warned, these don't even scratch the surface of how many gorgeous dresses there are out there. This is just a fun little post, not super informative or analytical or anything, just to share my love for fashion <3



Image from Pinterest



Roberto Cavalli - Autumn/Winter 2003



Image from Pinterest

Ugh, isn't that the most gorgeous piece you've ever seen? This has got to be one of my favorite pieces of all time. I've always adored feathers on dresses and dreamt of creating something like this before, so when I stumbled upon this image I just had to see it in action, so I looked up the show on YouTube. The quality was not great, it's from 2003 so of course, but I was so in awe. The color choice too. It's perfect!!!

Versace - Autumn/Winter 2015



Image from Pinterest

I LOVE this collection so much (there's quite a few different Autumn/Winter 2015 shows, you can see the full one here). It's so flowy and ethereal and absolutely stunning. The entire collection reminds me of a fairytale collection, and the flower crowns that the models wear really adds to the look. It was really hard to pick a favorite from this collection, and I still don't have a definite one favorite. I mean, how could I just pick one? If you loved this look as much as I do, please check out the full collection. I promise you, you will not be disappointed.

Elie Saab - Spring/Summer 2003



Image from Pinterest

I have such a weakness for glitter, sequins and embroidery, especially if it's Elie Saab. I've never been a big fan of yellow, but I guess he just does it right, because he has designed some of the most beautiful, enchanting yellow dresses to have walked the runway. Oh, I could stare at his collections for hours, that embroidery is incredible. I am in loveee...

Zuhair Murad - Autumn/Winter 2004



Image from Reddit

Would this even be a post of some of the most stunning runway pieces if I didn't include Zuhair Murad? Because I truly believe him to be one of the most talented designers of all time. Well, it's subjective of course, but his designs are right up my alley. This dress, and I think one or two of his others are so Barbie Mariposa coded. And this is coming from someone who hasn't even watched the movies, I'm just guessing based on the vibes of what I've seen. This whole collection is stunning and really fairy-like. Are you seeing a theme with the kind of dresses I like?

Armani - Spring/Summer 2009



Image from Pinterest

I'm not typically a fan of this type of silhouette but this dress in particular is too pretty to pass on. I actually this style and color really suits the model, maybe because of her hair and skin tone. I used to be obsessed with Selkie dresses as a kid, particularly the ones which had this kind of fabric (different silhouette, fit and length I know but the colors were sometimes similar), so maybe that's why I feel so drawn to this. I mean, thinking about the brand Selkie makes me think that I could actually imagine selkies wearing this, or perhaps a mermaid...

This one is a short post because I don't want to overwhelm with too much, but this is just a sneak peek of all the fashion I'll be talking about and featuring on my page 😘 Please let me know your thoughts or drop your favorite pieces in the comments!

Have a fabulous day or night wherever you are <3

7 comments:

  1. these are all so beautiful! i love dresses that look like they came out of fairytales

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. right?? I can't believe how talented some people are πŸ’•

      Delete
  2. the Zuhair Murad has to be my fav from the list but I adore all of these pieces...you have such great taste <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Zuhair Murad!! thank you so much ☺️

      Delete
  3. The Versace one is soooo pretty! It's giving me Daenerys Targaryen vibes so bad...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right?! I've never read/watched the show nor books, do you recommend? im always lazy to commit to a new show hahaha

      Delete